The Imaging Centre combine the latest in treatment and medical imaging with the highest level of patient care to provide the superior quality diagnostic and treatment imaging services in a safe and efficient environment. The Imaging Centre is fully integrated with the medical and surgical care available at the hospital.
The featured range of medical imaging services include:
- Echography (Ultrasound) of abdominal (tummy)
- Echography (Ultrasound) of mammary gland
- Echography (Ultrasound) of thyroid gland
- Echography (Ultrasound) of pelvis (kidneys, bladder and prostate gland)
- Echography (Ultrasound) of surface structures (testicles and penis)
- Irrigography (Radiological examination of the colon)
- Computed Tomography – head
- Computed Tomography – abdomen and chest
- Computed Tomography– pelvis
- Computed Tomography – cervical (neck), lumbar (back), sacral (tail bone) vertebrae – one segment
- Virtual Colonoscopy (computed tomographic colonography)
- Computed Enteroclysis – study of the small bowel
- Computed Tomography – aorta
- Computed Tomography – peripheric vessels ( veins and arteries not in the chest or abdomen (i.e. in the arms, hands, legs and feet)
- Computed Tomography – arthrography (multiple X rays of a joint using a contrast media) – to determine the cause of unexplained joint pain
- Computed Tomography – angiopulmography – for pulmonary thromboembolism diagnostics
- Lateral osteodensitometry for fracture detection
- Osteodensitometry of 1 zone (spine or tight)
- Osteodensitometry of 2 zones (spine or tight)
- Radiography – pelvis
- Radiography – scull
- Radiography – lungs
- Radiography – spine
- Radiography – limbs
- Radiography – sinuses
- Radiography – urography
- Scopy – stomach, oesophagus (food pipe)
- Hysterosalpingography – fluoroscopic examination of the uterus and the Fallopian tubes
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the cerebrum (the largest part of the brain)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the cerebrum (the largest part of the brain) and the cervical (neck) spine – for Multiple Sclerosis
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of organs and structures in the cerebrum (neck)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of mediastinum (the central compartment of the thoracic cavity)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of abdomen (tummy)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging enteroclysis – small bowel examinations
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of pelvis
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of joints and bones
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of spine – one segment
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of spine – two segments
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of spine – whole spine
The latest generation of Magnetic Resonance equipment is available. The apparatus is “MAGNETOM Aera” Siemens made. It is the most modern technique of this class available worldwide. It has been distributed since March 2014 and offers the maximal comfort for the patient as well as for the medical team. The device has the so-called “Tim 4G” technology that guarantees an unmatchable image quality, while the remaining ultramodern incorporated systems allow reducing patient time needed by 50%.
MAGNETON Aera offers a revolutionary possibility for imaging the joint cartilage and its degenerative changes in its earliest stage before it is possible to be detected by any other diagnostic method and means. The Magnetic Resonance has a metabolic map – a type of software that is at the moment is the only one available Bulgaria. It allows professionals to have the unique opportunity to perform a functional diagnostics and tumours tracking in exceptional details, even on a cell level. This technique offers the opportunity for 3D imaging of the brain nerve pathways; which favours the best outcomes of the neurosurgical interventions. Using a special software a metabolic condition of the liver can be diagnosed.
The Computer Tomograph is 16 slice, multidetector model of Siemens – “Somatom-Emotion”.
Both apparatuses together with the working station “Syngo via”- also Simens model allow a precise post-processing for obtaining maximally accurate information from the performed study and imaging of the diagnostic process for the needs of the different medical specialist.
The Imaging Centre is in possession with combined roentgenoscope and graphic equipment model “Luminos” by Simens, with two individual roentgenographic apparatuses with CR system, as well as with a separate DR completely digital roentgenographic apparatus with high image quality for the needs of the rheumatological and oncological departments.
The mammography diagnostics is made by modern digital mammograph “Mammomat-1000″ of Simens, while the echographic diagnostics is performed by the last generation echograph made by Philips.
The team of the Imaging Centre consist of 19 professionals, 7 doctors, 11 radiograph assistants and 1 head nurse. All of them have a wealth of experience in imaging diagnostics. Among them there is a University Professor, some hold a PhD degree, and other have an impressive list of publication and participation in International Conferences. All the doctors are regularly attending International Training Schools.